Monday, October 26, 2015

Blog5

Title: The Golden Heart
Artist: Unknown
Date: 15 years
Culture: Peruvian
Medium: Glass
Dimension: Unknowns

Objects get their meaning by the the people whom have a strong sense of culture and beliefs. Either by their roots from what has been passed down or even if it has religious significance. For whom claims these objects in their values as well have generally a high social class, a high religious stand point, or it could simply family sentiments.  The piece that I have chosen in which I call is the Golden Heart. Despite the given title it is red. Why did I name it Gold? Well I am very intimate with spirituality. Gisela's grandmother had passed down this simple item, down to her. To Gisela this was a very special item, not only because of her grandmother passing this item down to her as a gift. The Heart is meant for luck, happiness, reminiscence upon childhood, and a lot of love. Three years ago when Gisela and I were in a park, she had presented me this beautiful gift. At first i was confused upon my findings. Until I had touched it ample amounts of good and positive energy came from this little item, From when I had first grasped this item in my hand, I felt its purest energy radiate all through my hands and to my arms. My eyes were closed and I had felt around this little item, that gold light had spread and radiated all around it. A truly unspeakable experience.
 The simplicity of this heart is classic. It is boldly shapen, has very little detail with a dull shine. No this is no great masterpiece of a glass sculpture, but the personal value and energy source is blatant. Not every individual will understand the concept, but some will. If to be seen in a museum, spectators would be confused perhaps, for they would not know the complexity of such a unique object, but htat is the greatest part, its mystery.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great kind of object to write about- one with personal meaning- and you describe that part well. Part of the assignment was to also relate your ideas to the essays we read in class. How does Dana's or Parmuk's ideas support your own?

    ReplyDelete