Friday, October 30, 2015

Museum Essay #2



                                        




Dear Rodriguez Calero
  
I would like to start with thank you for creating this cut n' mix group exhibit. I loved all of the pieces that were created, I couldn't choose one, so I decided to write you this letter about this entire exhibit and ask you a couple of questions. When I analyzed the exhibit I saw that you used a lot of shapes that were geometric and organic. There were a lot of cut out images of people body parts, but there were a lot of overlapping these images to create an illusion of depth.Colors line warm and cool color were being used on the images, I guess to give it a feel to the artwork. There were also patterns being used for the shapes and some what of the colors. How were the materials used? Was there a certain way the materials were used? If so why? Why did you used these materials? Did you use magazines? What type of magazines? Did you used the same images you cut out twice?. I think you made your work from cutting out different images from different magazines to try and get different body parts from different people,so you were able to mix and match. I also believe you used Crayons, Chalk, Water colors, and Pencils. I notice you images on the canvas when you pasted the images you wanted, so you was able to create a different person from the person you cut out from the magazine. For example the "Street Moves" image was a cut out image of Nas famous rapper from Hip Hop. The image was so mix I could tell if it was Nas because he looked like another person because there were different images overlapping him. Why did you mix people faces up? Did you not want them to know who that person is?. I thought it was a good idea to mix the cut out because it give people more time to stand there and figure out who the cut out image is. Did you use a lot of famous people in this Cut n' Mix exhibit. When I looked through your exhibit I noticed a lot of famous people I could point out just but looking at their mouth and eyes. I believe you where trying to communicate with people who watch t.v, listen to music, watch dancers, love fashion, and art, because you had a little bit of everything everyone liked or love. What is the main idea of this exhibit? Does it has a purpose? What is it? 

Thank You, 

1 comment:

  1. Good job here- you seemed to be interested in multiple works (it might have been tighter writing if you just focused on one or two!) but you ask some good questions about process. One suggestion- try to think of the order of your sentences and paragraphs, and how your ideas can build clearly.

    ReplyDelete