Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Creative Project #2




Gisela Alfaro


Art Society


         My subject of choice is how young girls in today's society view themselves. Instead of portraying their insecurities I am showing their positivity. Every girl around us always feeling insecure about their body due to what society says “is the perfect body". There is no "perfect body", and what I mean by that is what people around us tell us what is right from wrong. My project is the empowerment of young women. It would never matter how naturally skinny a girl is to how thick they are. Young girls from very young ages and even to the late adolescent view models as "perfection". Who is social media able to tell the rest of the world who or what is perfect? What I say is, is that every individual young woman, no matter what they struggle with their body, they are beautiful. No matter what scars they carry from within. Weight does not matter. I emphasize that girls today should not be insecure of how "skinny", "thick", or "big" they are. I am emphasizing, upon every girl they should always love themselves and know how to take care of themselves. Outside forces should never let any human being go through intense physical changes where people harm themselves to be "acceptable" and or "more attractive". What I present is that within every young woman, there is no shame in how you look, how you feel, naked or not. Every female is perfect and every female is beautiful. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. It is time, I believe to end the subjection upon the "perfect female". Remember to always love yourself, never doubt yourself, and appreciate all that you have of yourself. At the end of the day it is just you, there is never any need of embarrassment. Other girls in need of a positive support should seek out to one another and unite rather than oppose one another.


        This project to me is to reduce the health issues of girls. Due to low self-esteem, and conditions like anorexia, bulimia and many other eating disorders that may cause a long term effects, this is important to me because i once was in that position as well. I had fallen into the trap society brings us. I weighed about 80 lbs and because of that my hormones alternated my immune system did not function properly, later on my ovaries stopped working. Everyday was a fight with myself, but I am most grateful to God that it didn't lead to worse conditions. Now I consider myself pretty healthy and I feel happy with who I am, it wasn't an easy process it involved the will power, therapy sessions and the love from siblings. I wouldn't want any other woman in the world to struggle with such things if it can be avoid why not stop it before time. There are some feminist groups acting upon sexualization of women, but so it has been hard battling with social media and popular fashion lines but my hopes never die that one day we might just change it.


          My materials are simple but powerful a camera Nikon D5200, a model (Christina Canonico) and a simple sign stating "I am beautiful". I would make this into a poster, size of 30" x 40" and put it in front of Elite Model Management located in Elite, 245 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10037, as well as all over social media. Everyone on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and other social media apps will have this photo of a simple girl holding a sign feeling comfortable with herself and her short hair but it doesn't matter weather is short, long, curly or straight. The whole general public as well will see this photo,many printouts will be made. I had chosen these methods because I feel that everyone should be aware what is happening to girls. Eventually a series will be made of all women in different body types.

         How people should respond to this picture,is not to see a girl half naked in front of a camera..No. They should see this as encouragement of what is natural. I encourage the whole female population to even compose their own photos and share it! The female body has no limitation of beauty, and that is what i want the public to see, to notice no matter who the female is; whether skin tone, height of tall, short, or weight of really skinny to very thick, it does not matter. All of the women in this world and young girls are beautiful. As a community we should help each other and support the cause of girls whom have physical disorders. It's always nice to start your morning with a compliment to ourselves and others.



                   it doesn't matter if you have short or long hair feel comfortable in your own skin

No comments:

Post a Comment