Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Final post



Artist name; Kevin Beasley
Untitled
Materials; house dresses, resin, soil, and television Mount
Museum; MoMA


The artwork that I selected was a sculpture titled "Untitled" by Kevin Beasley. The mediums used were house dresses, resin, soil, and a television Mount. The variety of colors is what caught my attention. When I saw this I thought of the four seasons. The bright and orange represents fall. The purple with what looks like mint green represents spring. The blue is winter and the green with light blue is summer. On the left side almost where the middle is there's black with red circles. That reminded me of the night sky and those red orbs were the twinkling stars that lid the night. The artist's choice of materials was interesting to me because he used clothing. At first glance I believed it was some sort of paint but when I got closer I was wrong. I didn't know what this was until I read the caption.
After being in this class, I've learned how to view paintings and sculptures differently. Normally I would of been a passive observer however after taking this class I can't help but apply what we've learned in class every time I look at something artistic. This course was my favorite. I've never posted a blog a before nor have I ever been in a cluster in which all courses shared many themes and topics that could relate to another class we're taking. It was interesting but a bit challenging. Overall, I had a great time and hopefully I still am involved with art as it's a way to express myself other than writing. ☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment