Monday, December 14, 2015

Finale Post

 
For the Finale of Art & Society Museum trips, i decided to got to the Queens Museum. I choose this art piece from Zhang Hongtu because it stuck out to me the most from the rest of his works. Four trees in foreground in the oil on canvas made me think of my family when i first saw it. the two taller trees being parents. the small twisted looking tree in the middle being my twisted younger sister and the tall tree on the far left being me. there is also a lot going on in the painting, for starters, the bottom of the painting features predominatlty warm colors and the top is made up of cool colors. the trees are settled on a large rock that is covered with green leaves. there is overlapping, the land in the back of the tree has a place for shelter/shade on the right side of the foreground. the background, aka the mountain area, was painted with diagonal lines. it looks as if it is going to crash down of something, which i thought was very cool. the middle ground, is of a small lan mass with trees. i feel as if Zhang Hongtu painted the bottom of the paintinf during the day because when i look at it, i think the sun is shining, but when i look above, its very cloudly and dark. When I first came to your class, i was ready to change majors, quickly and without a question. I had not been into art since elementary school, I had the sketch books and everything (my parents thought i could make something of myself with it). But then i had no choice but to stay, my laziness got the better of me, for the better. Quickly, i began to realize again why i was so into art and how it never really left me, i just turned it into editing. i learned a lot of things from your class, like going to museum frequently is not a rich persons thing, learned the notes you gave us in class. i also learned how powerful art can be in this world. i also see things a lot differently now as well, its not just liking a picture anymore, its why it was made, how. and what is really going on it for me. Your class has been the best part of my first semester in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment