Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Final




          The museum I attended is the Museum Of Modern Art (MOMA) and I decided to choose is called the Piet Mondrian created by the Dutch in 1872-1944. This is a series of painting together with four in total and created by different artists. The first painting to the left is a painting that has many rectangular shapes to create this piece of art and it was done by John L. Senior, Jr in 1957. It was a artwork done by two people, father and son working together to create this oil on canvas shapes. Second painting is a artwork with just four lines shaped into a rectangular shape. It is created by Katherine S. Dreier Bequest in 1953 using oil painting on canvas. The third painting is with the same rectangular shape as the first painting with fewer colors, just red and blue. This work of art is created by Philip Johnson in 1942 using oil on canvas. This painting is different from the rest because it was first painted in 1929 by Mondrian and later on repainted by mistake. Last painting is a little more complex then the other with the combination of all painting. It has the same rectangular shape with lines across it with the colors red, blue, and yellow. It is a oil on canvas created by The Sidney and Harriet Janis Collection in 1967. These four painting is about showing how simple but yet creative with the shapes the artists decide to use. Out of the whole museum, this works of art is my favorite because of how simple and nice it is too look at. When I was exploring MOMA, I wanted to do this project on artwork at I personally would have in my house. I saw this painting and instantly liked it because of how clean and simple it was, it wasn't confusing like the other painting where you had to look at it for a long time to see its creativity.

          This class definitely helped me to enjoy art a little more and learned how to view art in a more detailed way. Even though I don't like all the works of art in museums, there are some few that catch my interest. Before I would just walk around museums looking at the same thing over and over again but now I go around the whole place to see what they offer. Art and Society is the first art class that I have taken since middle school and I enjoyed it a lot learning about different artists and different types of art. I also learned that everyone is creative even when they say they aren't because everyone has imagination that they can use for art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment