Monday, September 21, 2015

1AM Stroll.

One night i was walking home from work, and in my neighborhood their tend to be flowers.  Either in front of a restaurant or simply on a yard. It was 1am. I was looking at everything around me, feeling the wind upon my face, everything was gentle. I turned my head and had seen this delicate flower just growing outwardly and somewhat awkward as well. I thought it was special despite the fact there was many other flowers. Just how the lighting was hitting the petals, showing me the light yellow inside, really took me. Even though this was taken on my iPhone 4.  As the objective there is just a profile, no depth shown. It is natural, and how I have edited it was by a light filter to emphasize the shadows. Textures, are delicate, fine, and not necessarily so course. The interpretation of this picture... I felt was my inner self, self representation so to speak. The flower may grow, develop, but the trials it must face, goes through darkness. In life it is most fragile, but its stem is its strength. The natural colors that the flower gives off is the natural personality that I have, not so dull, but lively in a sense. In all the way that the flowers grows in a distorted manor, not so upright. That is what I love the most, because to me I am always growing in every way, hence every direction. No matter what you will never cease to grow.

1 comment:

  1. Christina you captured a lovely example of "found" or accidental art- and your description of the visual elements and how you highlighted them is well done. You also describe the meaning of this found art beautifully!

    ReplyDelete