Monday, September 21, 2015

The spills.

For a long time paint splatter has actually been used as art. This technique is used for layouts on websites, home decor, or just art pieces sold like any others. So here you go, my accidental art in my bedroom.When this spilled I got lazy and thought, hey it looks kind of cool anyway so i'll let it be for a while. Then, boom, the idea to post it for our blog assignment. Not only is there art shown with the splatter of the paint, but also within the design of my floors as well. Its like a wooden marble type design with browns. Then, the bright pink spilled over it. Two completely contrasting colors. This picture has mostly organic lines and shapes made with the paint. Within my floor though, are geometric shapes. Rectangles of wood are put together to cover my floor. But, within these are not only straight lines, they're mixed with curved ones to make it look like a marble type design. It's a mess. Well that's what my mom would say or any person who doesn't stop to think with an artists eyes. Which is why I titled this "The Spills." I am clumsy and I drop things all the time. And here is one of the many spills! Spills can be art; art can be messy! Even if not all messy art is accidental you can purposely make a mess of something and it can still be beautiful. Most of these cases are paintings we have seen and thought to ourselves, "a kid could've made that!" Yet, it was an older man or woman who made thousands off of it. Anyway, In my opinion splattered painting represents freedom. Freedom of setting boundaries of shapes or having a goal of what "it is supposed to be."  This "art" gives tangible form to feeling.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent Karyn- (not the spill- that is BAD!) but as an example of found/accidental artwork you did a great job describing the elements and the interpretation of the artwork.

    ReplyDelete