Monday, September 21, 2015

Ballerina

The Dancing Ballerina
     This is paint thrown on the elevator wall. This has been there for some weeks now and I have taken a picture of it while in it, and I never notice it can be a art picture if I get the right angle and edit it. I named it "The Dancing Ballerina because if you look at the bright white you can almost see one leg down and a smaller leg kicking up with just a little of the arms spread out.
   When I edited this picture I wanted to show some visual elements which are Lines, shapes, space, warm color, Achromatic, and Value. As you can see here in this photograph I used a black and white color to show achromatic, but I brighten the red up to show warmth when you look at the photo. There are diagonal lines to show action of the dancing ballerina and horizontal line to show the calm feel of this photo. Value and space plays a huge role in this photography because the value gives my photo the light it needs to show what I want my audience to notice and the spaces which are negative (the background) and positive (the main object) gives my photo what it needs. I would say that my photography has texture because the positive space looks like you can feel that it may look smooth and there is also a pattern in the background the negative space that repeats a lot in this photo.
   When some look at this photo they would only see paint on an elevator wall, but for other they might see a creature, an object, or a shape. I see a Ballerina, I have no clue of why, but I'm guessing it's because before I took this photo I read an article on Facebook about an African American Ballerina named Misty Copeland , on June 30, 2015, Copeland became the first African American woman to be promoted to principal dancer in American Ballet Theater 75-year history. As an African American female things like this would be hard to achieve, but her hard work and dedication overcame her obstacles and made her who she is now through what she love. I admire her achievement and hard work because it tells girls who are a different shade that they can achieve greatness no matter what. Misty Copeland way of art is through the motions of her body which is called Ballet and Ballet is a type of art.

This is Misty in art form:


1 comment:

  1. This is FANTASTIC! You really were creative with this assignment and used "artist's eyes" to spot something that many people would just walk by and ignore. Excellent writing on the visual elements and also on the meaning behind your choice. YAY! YAY! YAY!

    ReplyDelete