Sunday, September 13, 2015

Photo


   Okay so this particular photo was taken in Woodstock New York. My fiance and I have been traveling around New York from time to time and were just relaxing in a creek. She is an artist as well as a photographer. I wanted to share this with you because in my day to day life I am always exploring nature, especially with her. This photo is considered 2-D I believe, and why I had chosen this picture specially even if it it is not a painting, drawing, or even a sculpture, I take nature as art with in itself. Sometimes you do not need to paint it in order to say it is art, but to show its true essence.
I feel why this particular artist had chosen this picture is because it gives you the luxury of a fantasy. There is no limitation of where this picture can't take you. From how it was taken with the trees fading into the distance, is a sense of mystery, and peace.
The colors are limited they are cold colors. But emotionally in a sense it does not feel as so.
The artist had the freedom to choose anywhere she wanted and yet she chose for where earth meets water. I feel like there was a deep spiritual connection with in this incorporated with in this picture.
What I think people may see and grasp from this image may be, almost creep, or mysterious. They may not know where to go or be. As well as other individuals can see what I see in which that it is freedom, life naturally flourishing, breathing, this may be a still picture but you feel as if it were moving.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful picture, and you do well describing it- what about the "purpose" as we discussed in class? How doed this photo fit into the categories we went over? (That was part of the requirement for this blog post!)

    ReplyDelete