Monday, September 14, 2015

Post #1

Most of my close friends are very talented artists, I consider myself very lucky to be constantly surrounded by people who are being creative and doing some really incredible stuff. From art for band t-shirts, album art, concert posters or artwork for local businesses, the artwork I'm surrounded by on a daily basis is impressive and awe inspiring. The photo above is a t-shirt designed by my roommate Sam Ryser for our friends band Hank Wood and the Hammerheads. Sam has a really unique style of art that has always fascinated me, he's been working a lot on lettering and sign painting lately and some of the script that he's been coming up with has made the art he's been doing really interesting. I spend a lot of time playing shows and going to see bands, the music is the main reason I go but the aesthetic of the bands and the artwork that they use adds so much to something I love.

1 comment:

  1. There's a great history of art based on bands/albums/music- so thanks for sharing this image. Where would you place this in the Purposes of Art as we went over in class? (also blog posts are minimum 250 words.)

    ReplyDelete