Tuesday, September 22, 2015

BP#3

This accidental piece, I am going to call, The Outdated Pillar. I have given it this name because of how technology has improved for MTA transit.  This time post or pillar is still used to tell people what time the bus is supposed to come. But since MTA has had many complaints about it service, bus tracker apps have been created to tell people exactly how many miles or minutes away the bus is from the bus stop. I called it a pillar because that what is used as support, and this fallen pillar was used as support for both the commuter and the MTA. This post is in 3d and can be perceived as a sculpture. The piece does have a background (foreground) the street in which it lays. The post is mainly made up of warm colors and a pure color. The texture of the post is very rough, except for the box with the time sheets (its made up of plastic).  Because time has allowed us become more advanced many things like the post will so start to become part of history books. Growing up in the city seeing the post was like watching a rerun of your favorite show or seeing a new episode of it. We knew what time the bus was coming because we already looked at thousands of times before but every once in awhile a new sheet would pull through. It was also one of the times when talking to strangers was actually alright for me because we would talk about how the sheets are not really a reliable source half the time or how crappy MTA was. I don’t even do that anymore because I have a app that tells me when its coming. One of the problems I have with technology, is that it takes us from reality in a sense because we may be more connected but not in the right form. But that is another story.

 P.S. I DIDN’T REALLY LOOK OUT FOR ACCIDENTAL ART BECAUSE I DON’T REALLY SEE IT MY ROUTINE, I FOUND IT ON GOOGLE

1 comment:

  1. You gave this work a great title and wrote well about it (even though you found it on Google!!!- I am sure you could have found something around you Anthony!) Your writing about the visual elements and the "meaning" of the artwork is very good.

    ReplyDelete