Monday, September 21, 2015

BP#3

I was walking home after a stressful day at work that day  in order to put my mind at ease and was planning to watch some graffiti for my homework later.I remembered that there were bunch of graffiti around the blocks near my home and decided to check some of them , there were mostly words written on the wall, but there was one graffiti that instantly grabbed my attention . It was a laughing Buddha wearing accessories as rap stars but still had the aspects of Buddha himself. It was colored in black, red and white, black outlines and filled with white. It has both an organic and geometric shapes to me because Buddha was in triangle shapes and words in the background are in organic forms. The technique that the artist used was a graffiti, therefore, it lies in a 2D art. This got me thinking Buddha was a preacher and rappers preach too but in their own way they not just singing they sing their story or talk about others in their song its the same as preaching and thought they were kinda alike or not at the same time. Actually, in China Laughing Buddha known as a goddess of  money. People worship him to succeed in the businesses and for prosperity.   I do not know the name of the artist who made this but there was written billy on the leg of the graffiti so I would like to thank Billy for making me forget about my stressful day at work and for helping me out with my homework assignment . Thank you, Billy.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great example of found art that is (or was!) actually graffiti art before that- you did a very nice job describing the visual elements that we see observed in all art, and your experience with it. I think you should have given you finding a title- maybe "Thank you Billy" is a good one.

    ReplyDelete