Monday, September 21, 2015

BP#2


 I'm choosing This unique art which is done by famous artist name "Pablo Picasso" during World war II (1942). I found this art very interesting because it made me thought and confused. I thought it's a real skull's of an animal  after researched and I discovered that  this sculpture was made from only two elements.
               It's a shape of "Bull's Head" and it's made out from just two objects which are bicycle's handlebars and seat, therefore, it lies in a 3D art. The light hit directly to the skull and it stands out more realistic and the colors of sculpture look brown and gray. Since this skull is made of plastic and metal the texture looks solid. During the world war, many millions of people were killed.  This art played a vital role at war time  because this art showed the transforming power of the human imagination at the time when human values were under siege. Thus, this bull's skull represents "Death Head". In my opinion, the artist simply did the unique art. To be honest, it's beyond my imagination, where he just used two pieces object to message the world about the effects of war I guess. I think he chose the brown and gray color because it represents decayed or rotten things and obviously the skull states death.

1 comment:

  1. You picked a great piece to write about Lapka- and you start to make some good observations but this is very short (blogs are min. 250 words). You write about the light hitting the sculpture- we went over this in class- actual light vs implied light. Please use the vocabulary we talked about. Also, you could have written about the shapes, texture too.

    ReplyDelete