Monday, September 14, 2015

Post #1 "Sureal Sculptures" by Bruno Catalano.

When I saw this picture, I was amazed by the talent of this artist and certainly I was intrigue by his art. I wanted to know what was behind this masterpiece, who created and what was his purpose?
My first impression was "wow" how can this be possible?? and why he will design something like this?? In my mind I was thinking "is this person feeling empty? Is he leaving his town, friends, family and country??
Well, those were my predictions specially because if that was the case I can related with this magnificent piece of art. That could be a similar feeling I've felt when I left my country, and relatives.
Honestly nothing could describe me better than this back then and probably I still might feel this emptiness and loneliness once in a while when I think about my family.
At the end of the day I believe that everyone has different ways to perceive and represent art. This is the way I perceived Bruno Catalano's art.
In addition, I found out that his art is called “Les Voyageurs” in Marseilles that depict realistic human workers with large parts of their bodies missing. 
The sculptures were put on display in Marseilles to celebrate its position as the 2013 European Capital of Culture. They are skillful works of art even without the omissions, but the missing parts of the sculptures make them truly extraordinary. They leave room for the imagination--are they missing something, or is it something that these “voyagers” have simply left behind?? What’s especially impressive is that some of the sculptures seem to stand on very little support, giving them a sort of surreal and magical appearance right??. In my opinion the author created these sculptures to "Construct meaningful images and forms" and perhaps is also related to "Extra-ordinary versions of ordinary objects". So this way Bruno Catalano it's  expressing the way he feels by representing his art with these sculptures in a very particular and stunning way.

P.S. I may was wrong or right to make my own assumptions and predictions about his art but one thing I was totally confident about it was that Catalano's art is sincerely outstanding and unique--making an exceptional contribution to the world.
Ninotska Love.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ninotska! You describe the work well and do a good job interpreting the works' purpose.

    ReplyDelete