Sunday, September 13, 2015

    I do not have an artistic environment around me generally, so I go online to look at art galleries, or research different artists.  In this case since I was web streaming, I had stumbled upon this photo. It was very dramatic and had caught my eye in such a way.
This is graphic designing, 2-D art. The artist had said to be unknown, I assumed since he/she wanted to keep it mysterious. What I think that this artist was trying to portray was predominantly his/her emotions. It is very dark, very solemn, it is almost like you cannot breathe, but then fresh air is given within the center.

  1. I had found this specific picture most intriguing, it was not a random choice, for this had struck out to me and had spoken to me. It speaks in such a dramatic way with color. How other viewers may interpret this picture is gloomy and intense perhaps. Unsure maybe of the story being given. Some may even say with darkness there is light, but leaves you with such a heaviness. With the faded texture of an old fashion picture gives this art piece more of a vintage yet melancholy effect. Some may falsely assume that this artist may be depressed, or this may just be a troubling picture. It has both effects in a way between the eclipse happening and the warm and cold colors. Depending on the individuals in take upon this graphic design they may grasp s sense of warmness and isolation. Or just sheer depressed emotion. I believe that it is the sun setting, with the clash of the moon bring out all these fantastic colors. Despite the fact that it is limited. Overall this is a breathtaking piece. From its shadows to its highlights- to the echo of darkness that it repeats. It is unusual, strange, abstract and so self expressive. 

1 comment:

  1. Gisela- this is a striking image and you do a great job describing it. What about the "purpose" according to what we talked about in class (that was part of the requirement for the post.)

    ReplyDelete