Tuesday, November 24, 2015

blog#9

   My subject of choice is how young girls in today's society view themselves. Instead of portraying their insecurities I am showing their positivity. Every girl around us always feels insecure about their body due to what society says is the "perfect body". There is no "perfect body", and what I mean by that is what people around us tell us what is right from wrong. My project is the empowerment of young women. It would never matter how naturally skinny a girl is to how thick they are. Young girls from very young ages and even to the late adolescent view models as "perfection". Who is the media able to tell the rest of the world what is perfect? What I say is, is that every individual young woman, from whatever they struggle with with their body,that they are beautiful. No matter what scars they carry from with in, or out their bodies are amazing. Weight does not matter. I emphasize that girls today should not be insecure of how "skinny", "thick", or "big" they are. I am accentuating upon that every girl should always love themselves and know how to take care of themselves. Outside forces should never let any human being go through intense physical changes where people harm themselves to be "acceptable" and or "more attractive". What I present is that within every young woman, there is no shame in how you look, how you feel, naked or not. Every female is perfect, and every female is beautiful. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. It is time, I believe to end the subjection upon the "perfect female". Remember to always love yourself, never doubt yourself, and appreciate all that you have of yourself. At the end of the day it is just you, there is never any need of shame, but love, and to provide it to other girls in need of a positive support! My materials are simple but powerful a camera Nikon D5200, a model (Christina Canonico) and a simple sign stating "I am beautiful", i would made this into a poster the size of 30" x 40" and put it in front of Elite Model Management located in Elite, 245 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10037 as well as all over social media. I'm not a feminist however i did wish all women around the world contribute to the cause to wake up and feel confident, i wish to reduce the health issues due to low selfs-team such as anorexia, bulimia and many other eating disorder that may cause a long term effect, this is important to me because i once was in that position as well. I had fallen into the trap society brings us. I weighted about 80lbs and because of that my hormones alternated my amune system did not function properly, later on my ovaries stop working everyday was a fight with myself but i am most grateful to god it didn't lead to worse and i stop and realize how much damage i cause myself. Now i consider myself pretty healthy and i feel happy with who i am it wasn't an easy process it involve the will power, therapy sessions and the love from siblings. I wouldn't want any other woman in the world to struggle with such things if it can be avoid why not stop it before time. There are some feminist groups acting upon sexualization of women, but so it has been hard battling with social media and popular fashion lines but my hopes never die that one day we might just change it.



3 comments:

  1. Good topic- but what are you proposing for the artwork/monument? You didn't answer the questions on the worksheet about size, materials, location etc....???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes sorry there has been an issue with my gmail and i wasn't allowed to change anything till now, i have my account back

      Delete
    2. yes sorry there has been an issue with my gmail and i wasn't allowed to change anything till now, i have my account back

      Delete