Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Finals, yay.

What is the topic/cause/idea?
I would like more awareness to be put on the negative effects of smoking cigarettes. I don't think the advertisements or commercials that are out right now are good enough to get the message across.

Why did you pick this? What do you want people to know about it?
I chose this because its a disgusting habit, in my opinion. And, people need to open their eyes to what they are doing to themselves! I want people to know EVERYTHING that is going on with themselves because of the fact they are addicted to cigarettes.

What would make a good monument/artwork to communicate your ideas on that cause/idea?
I would like a pile of damaged body parts made into a statue-like figure. For example, discolored lungs and teeth, etc.

What would it look like? What would it be made of?
I would like all the body parts to be made out of materials that feel as hard or soft as they are in reality. I want this to look as realistic as possible to gross people out.

Where would it be?
I want this to be in every clinic, hospital, and school.

Who is it for? Who do you want to see it?
I want this to gross out EVERYONE. Addicts, people who are even just considering it, and people who haven't considered it so they never would.

1 comment:

  1. Good topic- think about how you can actually depict this for the proposal- will you draw it or use collage to make the image of what the sculpture will look like?

    ReplyDelete