Monday, November 2, 2015

Essay "El Museo"

Dear, Rodriguez Calero
Last week my peers and I, visited "El Museo Del Barrio,"I was delighted by your works of art, also, I was very intrigued by the tittles, technique and medium you have chosen. 
The "Divine Prophet" (Profeta Divino), 2012 was definitely my favorite, since I saw it on the wall because there is something very unique, different and refreshing about this painting, that captured my attention; I'd like to admit that I've never seen anything like it.

In the museum, I've read that your innovated not only technically, but also the depth of your vision has been termed as, "ACROLLAGE." but why? Clearly, I'd like to have the honor to share some thoughts and questions I have about your masterpieces. What lead you to have this innovated style? Did you create your own style? Who's your inspiration? What is the meaning behind these works of art? What is the message behind the religious tittles you have chosen? Are they related to your ethnicity or culture? Are you mixing the best of both worlds in one painting? Is Acrollage a mixed of painting and collages? Why did you decide to add printed eyes to most of your works of art? Your work is simply magnificent and I may never be able to fit all my questions in just one letter. 
At the museum I made this experiment, where I covered the printed eyes of the artwork I chose, immediately, the significance and meaning totally change into my eyes. In addition, I notice the vibrant colors, different styles and mediums you applied in your Acrollages on Canvas; In my opinion you are combining the past and present by mixing different cultures and time being. The uniqueness and rareness of your work adds freshness to the actual mediums we can admire and appreciated at the different museums. 
Humildemente quiero decirle que su trabajo es algo inigualable y de otro nivel, su vision es perfecta y encaja totalmente en el mundo actual. (Humbly, I’d like to tell you that your work is something unique and different, your vision is perfect and it fits completely in the world today). Many thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Nina Love.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful letter Nina! So many questions! They show your excitement about this artist's work! Great! I love the addition of Espanol at the end!

    ReplyDelete