Monday, November 23, 2015

G.U.N.S

What is the topic/cause/idea?

My topic is gun ownership,gun deaths,gun homicides,injuries and deaths from guns and costs of gun violence in the United States. 


Why did you pick this? What do you want people to know about it?

I picked this topic because, guns has become such a huge issue in the the U.S. People are killed from guns every day, month and year. Did you know? "More than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country and more than 30 people are shot and murdered each day,1/2 of them are between the ages of 18 and 35. 1/3 of them are under the age of 20.Homicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-24 year-olds and the primary cause of death among African Americans of that age group (http://heedinggodscall.org/con tent/pfctoolkit-10). I want people to acknowledge what guns are doing to our society and how it effect the youth population. Every time I look at the News  a teenager is shot and killed by a gun because of a gang related member. This is a problem because guns are the root too all of our fear and life death.


What would make a good monument/artwork to communicate your idea on that cause/idea? 

I decided to make a sculpture of a giant gun in the middle of time square and this giant gun will be shooting out sliver paper in the shape of a bullet. this sliver bullet paper will be able to open for people to read a fact, opinions,and quotes about guns. I want to make my sculpture so big because I want to grab the News and public eye for them to broadcast my sculpture so other people would be able to view my Giant Gun.


What would it look like? What it made of? 

Title: G.U.N.S.
Author: Dijonai English
Materials:  black cold metal, warm sliver copper for the bullet paper, and ink.
Height: 550M

Where would it be?

New York (Time Square)

Who is it for? 

I want to get everyone's attention ages 12-35.




1 comment:

  1. Great work here- this would be a striking public artwork.

    ReplyDelete