Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Dream Big, Fly Free! ~



For my "self portrait" I decided to use my Forrest green shirt as a flat surface in which I place the other objects on top of. The shirt is from an anime called "Attack on Titan". It's the Wings of Freedom, also known as the Survey Corps. It symbolizes being free, and "the hope of mankind". In the anime these group of people fight for humanity after its been taken over by titans. They hope that someday their efforts will change the world and that they'll gain back what was taken away from them- their freedom. This is important to me because I believe that I can fly free in this world and no matter what happens I won't let anyone clip my wings. The skies the limit, right?
On the very top I placed a word made out of pink foam with sparkles on them- it reads "Dreams". I'm a dreamer. I think we all are. We have hope that one day our dreams will come true, whether they're big or small. Some live it (the lucky ones) and some are still getting there. It's a motivational word for me. It reminds me that my dreams are still there, and to never let anyone tell me that I can't dream because if I don't dream then what is there to hope for in my future. That's what I believe. It inspires me to continue pursing my dream which is to become a successful author.
On the right side is one of my journals. This one has my name on it. It was given to me by my best friend. She always supported me and my crazy dreams. When she gave it to me she said "write as much as you can. I know you can make. I believe in you." It's her support and my family's that drive me to write, write and write! I cut out a quote from a magazine that says "My American Dream" and placed it on top of my journal because becoming a novelist is my American dream.
I also love to read so I put a book on the left side. It's titled "Boy meets Boy". Also on the cover there is a small drawing of what's supposed to be me. My hair is in a pony tail and I'm wearing my glasses, smiling like always.
I don't think I've stereotyped myself however I feel like I did when I mentioned "My American Dream". I figured since we live in NYC this is the place where dreams come true. I've heard this all my life and I do believe that but some times it isn't easy that's why we need to work hard and be realistic. Although it doesn't hurt to believe in the unimaginable. Having dreams is what adds excitement in my life, and when challenges come my way I know that I can over come them because if I didn't have a dream then I wouldn't be able to believe and I consider myself lucky that I'm passionate about something and that it gives me joy and that's all I want. 

The £nd~ :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice selection of objects to suggest a portrait of yourself. How does what you've made here challenege any other stereotypical imagery that exists? How to these things subvert what someone assumes about you?

    ReplyDelete