Monday, November 9, 2015

Who? Me?

Dijonai, EnglishWho? Me Cut and Past Transparent
    My cut and past artwork is all about me and how others make a snap judgement about me. As you here I used a Calla Lily flower as my background. This Calla Lily represents me in many way that I know of because, I see myself as sweet, still growing, very tall, up lifting and  sometimes hard to figure out. I choose the Calla Lily flower because it's my favorite out of all flowers. This flowers comes from native to southern Africa in Lesotho,South Africa, and Swaziland. A mass of roots herb plant that lives for more than two years. Evergreen where rainfall and temperatures are adequate, deciduous where there is a dry season. Its preferred habitat is in streams and ponds or on the banks. It grows to 0.6–1 m (2.0–3.3 ft) tall, with large clumps of broad, arrow shaped dark green leaves up to 45 cm (18 in) long. The inflorescence's are large and are produced in spring, summer and autumn, with a pure white spathe and a yellow spadix The spadix produces a faint, sweet fragrance. Also  suited to cool climates such as the British Isles and north-western United States.
     On the top of my background lay, who I am as a person. As shown above, the Transparent pictures are converse sneakers, all types of heels, outfits I love, a shy emoji, Carmelo Anthony, and Fashion. These images describes me the best because I am a shy person (Shy Emoji), I don't really like speaking to people as much, but knowing what I want in life there is always someone I have to speak too to get to what I want to achieve. (Fashion) I love fashion because it connects with me. Fashion come naturally, I never have to think about it in the ways of what wrong and correct its just a way for me to express myself and it make me feel good that I'm good at what I know about Fashion. Including the outfits and types of heels. Carmelo Anthony is my favorite basketball player he inspires me because he play this hard obstacle in his life called basketball playoffs. Basketball is something I watched with my older brother and nephews, we connect when we watch basketball. I played basketball when I was in elementary school, the only female on my team that could actually play, but this was something I was sure about because basketball was something I played because I enjoyed the game. I quite basketball when I got to middle school because I wasn't interested anymore. Fashion became a huge part of my life. Gemini is my Zodiac sign, it define me about a person, it as define me as a twin. Our birthday is May 22. We are fraternal twin, we do not like alike, but we resemble each other. My twin is the evil side of me I believe because I'm too nice of a person and I'm very sensitive. She my Yin to my Yang.
       Outside of my Calla Lily flower are picture that aren't transparent because these are image of what people see me as. I put picture of famous people such as Zendaya and Aaliyah because family members and close friends always tell me I remind them of these two. I never really notice, I hear it all the time even from people I don't know. I put Skylar Diggins and a basketball because people always asked me "Do you play basketball?" and I always answer with the same answer no, but I used too or they would ask me "Do you want to play basketball?". I mean I love basketball, but I can't picture myself playing it my whole life. I put pictures of me when I was in these fashion shows I volunteered for because this is what people always view me as. I love modeling because I get to wear these lovely designed clothes people I know design and want me to wear to show to others. I'm still trying to figure out who I am because I always have two different views of anything and I cannot ever pick a side, I agree with both. I'm shy, but outgoing. I love being alone, but I love the company. I'm nice, but I'm always angry. I'm happy, but sometimes depress. It's like I will always have a different side from myself and that's what makes me, Me and I will never change Who I am for Who? Me?.

1 comment:

  1. Dijonai- this is wonderful- your ideas are perfectly reflected in the image you made- by having some things be transparent and others very visible you presented the complexity of your "self". Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete