Monday, November 9, 2015

Project

This is a self-portrait of me in the city and I’m going to show my “complex” identity with this. I put quotes around complex because I’m actually the complete opposite of the word complex, I like to keep things simple. Since I am a simple person, I just used one photo without making collages or put art because it may be confusing. The ideas that make myself who I am and who I'm going to be is in this photo by explaining what I'm working towards. I’m not sure if a picture is considered art but if it is, I would consider myself as the art in progress. In this photo you are able to see me in a nice view of the city, this is a big part of my identity/future identity because I want to live a luxuries life. I believe you can tell a lot by a person about how they want to live in the future and by the way they achieve their goals. Another part of the photo I can tell you about my identity is the way my face is in this picture. I believe I am a serious person that only jokes around very little. Stuart Hall talks about stereotypes and I believe the biggest stereotype about Chinese people is that we are cheap and we have restaurants or stores. That stereotype doesn't apply to me because I want to do something bigger, I want to be in some type of business industry. This is how I want people see to me and that's why I represented myself in a city because the city has a lot of meaning.

P.S I didn't draw this. It was just a photo with a drawing effect.

1 comment:

  1. Great image Dennis- and you made it much more interesting by using the drawing filter- which makes it seem more foggy, mysterious. I think the way you chose to alter the image is supported by what you write- the idea of seriousness and also suggests a kind of past/present/future which you talk about. Great job!

    ReplyDelete