Monday, November 23, 2015

Monument Project

Topic: Animal Testing
I picked this topic because I wanted to let people know about animal testing and why scientists proceed in this project.For example, did you know that in the U.S, 90 percent of the animals are being tested in laboratories? Or maybe you didn't know that every animal gets killed during these procedures. I am against animal testing because these animals are being harmed very severely. Scientists manipulate their genes, they are forced to exposed to chemicals and drugs,and also inflict pain on the animals. A good artwork that would represent my ideas about testing animals is a drawing of an animal is being forced to be tested. The three elements in my drawing are a small, white bunny, with a medium-sized green needle on the right side of the drawing. In front of them will be a large black "x" mark. These elements will take over the drawing. If I could post this drawing anywhere, it would be where I live,in Astoria, NY. A good place to start small. My audience is the townspeople and the biologists.
Source
http://www.hsi.org/campaigns/end_animal_testing/qa/about.html?referrer=https://search.yahoo.com/

1 comment:

  1. Good Jasmine- think about the kind of image that would make people curious about learning more, but not grossed out. You mention a bunny- that is a good idea, people like "cute" things and they would likely stop to look at the picture. Where in Astoria would it be? Outside on buildings? be specific.

    ReplyDelete